The ScriptRunner for JIRA plugin is indispensable for any non-trivial JIRA use (and an excellent reason on its own to self-host your own JIRA). This page collects some of the more useful Groovy snippets we've written over the years.
- A Jira bot for Google Chat — Send a message to a Google Chat (https://chat.google.com) https://chat.google.com) room when Jira is updated.
- Automatically deactivating inactive Jira users — To save on licensing costs, it is sometimes useful to automatically deactivate Jira users who haven't logged in within a certain period, say 6 months. Here we review the options, and provide a ScriptRunner script (source in github https://github.com/redradishtech/jira-user-deactivator-groovy) that does the job.
- Groovy Script - simplified views of fields — How to create a read-only "summary" version of a field, for display in space-constrained places like gadgets or search results.
- Reindex issues from specific projects — A ScriptRunner 'canned script' which reindexes only issues in particular projects.
- View who last re-ranked the Board
- Visualizing a Quarter Commit field — Given a field like 'Q2 2016' (i.e. "second quarter of 2016"), provides a graphical 'timeline' view of upcoming year, with the relevant quarter highlighted.