Red Radish Consulting is based in Forster, a small coastal town 4 hours north of Sydney, Australia. It's a nice spot, with lots of holidaymakers in the summer.
There are also lots of small businesses trying to make ends meet. These small businesses keep the local economy ticking, they employ our friends and neighbours, and we can see they could often use a hand when it comes to IT.
Some things we've noticed:
- Most local businesses are small, without an IT department.
- Computer use is rudimentary, often limited to email, an accounting package, and maybe spreadsheets.
- Small businesses are under pressure. The general trend is of larger businesses taking over, in part because economies of scale mean they have better-organized, central IT systems, providing greater efficiencies.
- Modern web-based software means top-notch IT systems are within reach of most businesses. All that is lacking is knowledge of the options and know-how to implement them.
Local Business Services
When engaging with local businesses, our goal is to apply the minimal amount of computer technology for the maximum impact to businesses' bottom line. Examples might include:
- Setting up generic low-cost business software, such at Atlassian JIRA/Confluence, for tracking internal company documentation and tasks.
- Setting up a basic website for a company lacking one
- Setting up off-site backups for companies' local computers
- Setting up online calendars with phone integration
- Migrating companies to industry-specific web-based software
We do not leave businesses with systems they do not understand or cannot long-term afford. We provide training to ensure employees are comfortable with any new systems, and being local, support is only a phone-call away.
We are not selling any particular solution. Do not advocate "cloud" solutions without carefully weighing the advantages (features, ease of maintenance) vs. disadvantages (ongoing cost, potential lock-in).
Contact us for a free consultation
If your business is around Forster, Tuncurry or Taree, please drop us an email at email@example.com to discuss your needs.